Sunday, August 10, 2008

Chocolate Mud Cake (Vegetarian)(Birthday Cake)

This was made for my niece, lil' Lisa's birthday. I was running out of idea as to what cake to make for the birthday girl and then my mind ran into this...this has always been my obsession...my sinful sinful obsession. CHOCOLATE CAKEs and all kinds of chocolate cakes. This particular one was so fitting for the occasion as my Dad is currently on a special "super low protein" diet and both my parents are also constantly trying to stay away from cholesterol...there I have it! a vegetarian chocolate cake that is dairy, egg and butter free. Well, the frosting though has got a lil' margarine in it but...not too bad...still vegetarian!!! Haha...its lovely by the way...so moist and rich...minus the sin. Well it still has got sugar...which I generously already reduced so that we all can have a couple more servings :-)

No comments: